🌱 New O’side Sips Passport + Music At Museum program
Rise and Shine, Oceanside-Camp Pendleton! Let’s kick off this Friday with everything you need to know about the day.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Low clouds and fog, then sunshine. High: 72 Low: 58.
Are you an entrepreneur looking to earn extra income in Oceanside? Do you currently drive for DoorDash or GrubHub? Snap Delivered is a disruptive new food delivery service that gives local entrepreneurs four ways to earn an income, while keeping delivery costs low for local merchants. Contact Charles Griffin here at Oceanside to find out more – email email@example.com.
Here are today’s top five stories at Oceanside-Camp Pendleton:
- Visit Oceanside’s new O’side Sips Passport Program which guides visitors to nearly 30 craft breweries, microbreweries, wine tasting rooms, artisan cafes, teahouses, distilleries and more. Designed as a passport program, O’side Sips is free and web-based, with no need to download an app. Attendees can scroll through a list of participating locations, plot their drink routes on a map, access exclusive discounts, and collect rewards points for checking into O’side Sips locations. (San Diego Times)
- An appeal from residents failed to prevent the opening of a new business that will store up to 1,100 gallons of oxidizing materials and nearly 20,000 gallons of corrosive liquids in an industrial building near Oceanside Boulevard and North Melrose Drive. Oceanside City Council voted 3-2 to reject the appeal and to maintain the Planning Commission’s unanimous approval of a conditional use license for ChemStation Pacific, LLC. The Oceanside business will supply water-based biodegradable cleaning products in reusable containers, primarily to food production and distribution companies such as bakeries and breweries. (San Diego Union-Tribune)
- San Diego Weekend Art Events: “Music at the Museum” today at the Oceanside Art Museum features a special music and lowrider festival, featuring music by Dezzy Hollow and street dancing by Wild7s Freestyle Krew. Admission to the museum is free and the event is centered around the ‘Oceanside Unfiltered’ photography exhibit. Rapper by the ocean recently released a new album, “One Nation Under the Funk”, and you can watch the latest video, for “ “, which just dropped last week. (KPBS)
- On Thursday, detectives were investigating several reported explosions, including one on East Vista Way. Deputies responded at three locations in three hours following reports of explosions from 11.30am on Wednesday. The last was reported around 2:40 p.m., according to the San Diego Sheriff’s Department. No injuries or material damage were reported. (City News Service)
- New California home loan program offers lifeline to first-time homebuyers unable to save down payment. Buyers struggling to enter California’s extremely tight housing market can now get a helping hand in the form of a repayable loan with a zero percent interest rate. The state’s new loan for equity builders gives qualified buyers up to 10% of a home’s purchase price, and they don’t have to pay it back if they live in the home as their residence principal for five years. There is no cap on the amount of this 10% loan. It may sound too good to be true, but it is real. (San Diego crest)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. Whether you’re working from home or streaming your favorite movies, the new Ring Alarm Pro gives you an internet connection you can rely on, while keeping your home safe.
To learn more about the innovative security system, or to build your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
Today at Oceanside-Camp Pendleton:
- SDVC Meeting – North County Veterans Association (8:00 a.m.)
- Oceanside Sea Lions Sponsored Golf Tournament (1:00 p.m.)
- Live Music Fridays at Arrowood Golf Course (6:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Oceanside Police Department: “Happy International Firefighters Day to our public safety partners at the Oceanside Fire Department. #internationalfirefightersday #oceanside” (Facebook)
- MCCS Camp Pendleton: “As a service-oriented organization focused on serving those who serve, we never waver in our commitment to our Corps. We value your feedback and ratings, and use them to improve products and services to your layout. Submit your fees…” (Instagram)
- Next door neighbor, CCSO: “A new Chinese restaurant and take-out, Lucky Chinese opened last week. Located in the plaza where the Fed Ex store is and next to where Starbucks used to be – on the corner of Hacienda and Melrose. Spacious, lots seats, no waiting…” (next door)
- Next door neighbor, Fire Mountain: “Oceanside Artwalk takes place today from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – It’s a great event with lots of local artists. Check it out!” (next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- RetireTemecula (Special Event) featuring Grape (May 6)
- Steps to a Successful Marriage (May 6)
- Alt Rock Live from the 90s with Tribute to Cake & The Offspring by Filmspeed & ShineBox (May 7)
- Mother’s Day Festival at the Mellano Farm Stand (May 7)
- LUNAFEST FILM FESTIVAL – organized by Soroptimist Oceanside – Carlsbad (May 7)
- Hire a pro to tackle mom’s to-do list (May 8)
- Retirement Tax Webinar (May 9)
- Live from La Costa: Summer Concert Series (May 14)
- Seminar on social security (17 May)
- Add your event
That’s all for today. See you soon!
— Lisa Frost
About me: I’m the community editor for the Oceanside-Camp Pendleton patch and love sharing all things Oceanside. It’s a privilege to help locals and those who visit our amazing and diverse city stay informed about the local news, people and stories that shape our community. Explore all that Patch has to offer Oceansider:
Questions? Concerns? Comments? You have my full attention at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Oceanside-Camp Pendleton Daily? Contact me at email@example.com